1,2,3 animal kid story ,
1,2,3 kid story , 1930s
kid story , 550 kid story
word , aboriginal kid
story , ancient egypt
god kid story,animal kid
printable story, audio
download free kid story,
bagpipe kid story , bible
story for kid, board felt
kid story,creation story
for kid , curly kid, short
hair kid story, dinosaur
©2005 KidsWrite All rights reserved.© copyright | Contact Us
Where good readers become good writers.
My Environment Page
This page is dedicated to fun and fascinating facts about our environment and full of great enviro-tips
you can try at home. On this page, you will find some quotes from some very famous people. Think about what
they mean and, if you can, research the authors.
Let's start with another crossword. Click on a space to get the puzzle started. Press OK, if you think you
know the word, or press Solve, if you can't figure it out. Where an answer has two words, don't put a space in
between the words.
Do you have an interesting story
about how you help the environment?
Maybe you would like to tell us about some
great environmental activities at your school.
Please send us an email and we will publish
it on this page: email@example.com
|Design your own digital
Research some days of the year that are completely devoted to environmental causes.
Some suggestions are: Earth Day, National Tree Day, Clean-Up Australia Day, Earth Hour,
World Environment Day, World Oceans Day, Wear Blue for the Oceans Day, Arbor Day, or
make up your own. Your poster should include:
- Background information on the organisation that initiates and organises the day
- Background information relating to the cause, ie., why we need to have this day
- When and where the activities of the day are being held
- How people can get involved
- Any other special requirements that are involved, eg., wearing a certain colour shirt
- Contact information people will need to know.
Design your poster in a Microsoft Word document and send it to us by the Monday, 1st
March and we will incorporate it into a PowerPoint slideshow to present to a special panel
of judges. The top five entrants will win a copy of Ice Quest, autographed by the author.
Winners will be contacted by e-mail by Monday, 15th March and announced on this
website soon after.
Make your poster colourful, dynamic and informative!
|Remember, always be
|You catch more bees with honey
than you do with vinegar and the
way our honeybees have been
disappearing lately, this is especially
important. In fact, while we are on
the topic, why not do a bit of
research about this situation? Type
in Honeybee Crisis into a Google or
Yahoo search engine and see what
you come up with. That's after you
write your letter, of course. Even
someone as good as you can only
solve one problem at a time.
Are you concerned about the amount
of litter on our streets and in our
waterways? Have you ever thought
of doing something about it?
Why not write a letter to your local
council? Go to your Council's
website to find the name of the
relevant person to write to voice your
concerns and share some of your
Go to About.com to learn the correct
procedures about letter writing and
write, write, write!
Here are some important definitions that will help you.
surrounding our planet like an invisible blanket.
- atmosphere. The atmosphere of Earth is a layer of gases (nitrogen, oxygen and other gases)
creating more greenhouse gases.
- climate change. Many scientists say that human activity has increased the temperature of the Earth by
their day to day activities and is measured by the amount of carbon dioxide produced by using electricity,
- carbon footprint. A carbon footprint is the impact that person, family or organisation make in
heating and transportation.
coal, oil and natural gas.
- fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are non-renewable energy sources that are derived from the Earth, such as
solar radiation and they include carbon dioxide, methane, ozone, and the fluorocarbons.
- greenhouse gas. Greenhouse gases are gases responsible for the greenhouse effect by absorbing
greenhouse gases trap energy from the sun by not allowing these gases to escape back into space.
- greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is a rise in the Earth's temperature and occurs when
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful
lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax
No water, no life, no blue, no green. Our fate and the ocean are one.
Sylvia Earle, American Oceanographer
Thousands have lived without love, none
Here are some tips that can help us to lessen our impact:
Learn about recycling
Find out more about greenhouse gases
Plant a tree
Turn off the TV
Become a climate change expert (climateer)
Be active - talk to people, write to politicians or start a green club.
Make a list of another six tips that can make a difference.
|Human Activity and Greenhouse Gases
|We do not inherit
the Earth from our
borrow it from our
Here are some alarming facts & statistics about junk mail:
• 4,000,000 tons of paper is wasted each year to produce junk mail.
• Over 100,000,000 litres of water is wasted to make the paper that no-one wants.
• 100,000,000 trees are destroyed each year to produce junk mail.
• Less than 2% of householders respond to that junk mail, making it a completely useless waste of time,
money and, most importantly, our precious resources.
|Greenhouse gases create a barrier in the atmosphere that prevent sunlight being reflected back
into space. Man made greenhouses gases can come from the following sources; cars,
factories, ships and planes and the accessories we use around the home.